Charleston is an award-winning city with so much to offer. According to the Milken Institute it is one of the best cities that demonstrated wage and job growth levels far above the national median and concentrated high-tech sectors.
They also had relatively affordable housing costs and very high levels of broadband access, indicating inclusive growth based on housing and infrastructure.
Since 33 people move to the area each day, the opportunities are endless.
About Charleston’s economy
Charleston’s diverse and flexible economy is fueling job creation and contributing to the city’s prosperity. The Charleston MSA population grew by 23.3% between 2010 and 2020. That is three times the national average.
Its rich history, beautiful surroundings, warm climate and top notch cuisine contribute to the enormous impact tourism and hospitality have on the area. South Carolina Ports bring in $63.4 Billion in economic impact, with Charleston ports being some of the top performing in the country as well as globally.
Charleston is home to more than 250 tech companies. Leading manufacturing employers include Boeing and Mercedes Benz. Leading non-manufacturing employers include Joint Base Charleston, Medical University of South Carolina, Roper St. Francis Healthcare and Bosch.
Charleston Awards & Accolades
- Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards: #1 Top Small US City for Travelers 2020
- The New York Times: #10 US City Gaining Innovation Jobs 2020
- Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards: #1 City in America 2020
- Milken Institute: #13 Best-Performing Large Cities 2020
- Wallethub: #19 Best Cities for Jobs
- Forbes: #5 Where the jobs will be in 2020 and #24 The best Places for Business and Careers
- Area Development Magazine: #3 Top States for Doing Business 2020
As you can see, all of the growth and success in the Charleston area is an indication that investing in a business or commercial property is a great opportunity. Best Business Brokers has had years of success helping people sell their business and commercial real estate. You can find more information about Best Business Brokers’ expansion to South Carolina here. We can help you sell your Charleston area business.